Saturday 3 November 2012

Attempt #12: Banana Pancakes

Since I have tried mostly main course recipes, I thought why not try a dessert recipe.

And banana pancake sounds so simple and the photo of Jamie’s banana pancake looks so mouthwatering. Unfortunately, this is my first time making pancakes (if you are thinking how can a 35 year old mom not made pancakes before, well, the daddy usually does it for the kids and the mommy steals a share *grin*). And this attempt reminds me that I still have a long way to go before I can be a good cook. The drama unfolds...

Here’s Jamie’s rendition of the banana pancake:

 

Drumroll....
 
Here’s mine:

I tried to make it look as pretty as possible. The crème fraîche helps beautify the dish but here’s what it looks like when each ingredients/ items are on its own.


The pancake:

Lesson learnt: The size of your pancake is the size of your pan! Reminder to myself. Use a smaller pan! Else it looks like a 'roti canai' (a type of indian-influenced flat bread)!

 
The banana:


It doesn’t turn golden as it is supposed to be as described in Jamie’s recipe. It came out from the pan looking limpy, mushy and saggy. L

I am sure I did not do much justice to jamie’s recipe. Click here for his actual recipe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment